Where is SEO headed in Future?
With the rise of technology and digital marketing, increasing need to maintain your presence on the web has put SEO on the driving seat of any holistic marketing plan. The concept of SEO is imperative to increase digital traffic to your website. A website is an identity of your business and the visibility of the website increases only through Search Engine Optimization. Google, Yahoo, Bing are different Search engines, with different search algorithms. Although the algorithms are different, the basis of SEO is still keyword search. The SEO agencies narrow down to a few relevant keywords and optimize those keywords to make sure the website’s ranking increases.
SEO has been into the picture for quite a while now, and from its advent, SEO has evolved by leaps and bounds. Earlier Google used to rank and priorities websites based on the keyword search. This is not true anymore. There are various changes in the Google’s methods of ranking websites and hence the SEO approach by the agencies has also changed. Let’s take a dive into the SEO future and foresee where SEO is headed in future.
- User experience based: Google, may not rank websites based only on keywords but on the basis of user engagement. A website loaded with keywords but unable to keep the user engaged for a longer time may be dropped from the higher rank to lower. This implies that if your site has the exact content what the user is looking for and is liked by the user, your ranking will automatically increase.
- Content will be the king: As stated earlier, user engagement will be at the helm of SEO. Previously, the algorithm fetched the website with more keywords than the website with better content. The age is changing, people get fed up with complete advertising has driven content. Every user wants to read or see the content that resolves his/her questions or adds value to their knowledge. Since people now have the power to share the content across social media platforms, pleasing the user will be focused on rather than pleasing the search engines.
- Optimization in mobile space: There is a dramatic shift of users from the web space to mobile space. Mobile spaces even though have a similar algorithm, it is essential that when searched on mobile, the links to the relevant applications appearing on top is very critical. Deep linking of applications is on rising and will be on the rise in the future.
- Different strategies of SEO: Traditionally, keyword backlinking, on page SEO and making website favorable to rank higher on search engines has been into play. These are vital techniques and every SEO agency will have to up their game in identifying keywords and strategically placing them on the website for better results. But that is not it, there are many AI-based tools coming up for different Content Management Systems to support SEO of the website. The prediction is that there will be more such tools which will add technical sophistication to the website ranking.
- The increase of Machine learning and Artificial intelligence: Every user has certain likes and dislikes, there is a very strong prediction that result of every search a user makes will be based on the previous clicks. That means a website that the user has referred to in the past and has spent time on, will be taken into consideration and the websites which post similar type of content will secure higher rank. Doing this requires huge AI and ML support. The search engines are working on doing this and it won’t be a surprise if this would be the SEO approach in the future. Google has already taken up the initiate under the RankBrain by deploying machine learning.
SEO gurus have been predicting the future of Digital Marketing and SEO and have been successful with it, even though not accurately. The Digital Marketing world has become volatile and every day is a new day with a little change every day. Although nothing can be accurately predicted, one thing is undoubtedly expressed that SEO has a diverse future with more and more employability in future!